[ExI] Science or Science

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:39:04 UTC 2018

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 7:49 PM William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > *even the behavior of an extremely intelligent creature or AI will show
> reliable patterns, and from those we will have some predictive ability. *

Not necessarily. If you're playing chess with a brilliant chess AI you
won't be able to predict what its next move will be, if you could you'd be
as good at chess at it is and you're not,  but after it made its move you
can easily see that it wasn't random and was in fact pretty damn smart. You
can't predict what Stephen King's next novel will be but when it come out
and you read it you can be pretty sure it was not made by a monkey banging
on a keyboard.

John K Clark