[ExI] Science or Science

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 00:44:06 UTC 2018

 but if something is not just complex but is also far more intelligent that
we are then we couldn't predict what it will do even approximately, but
after the fact we could see a pattern in its activities that didn't look
random. There is nothing in nature that is known to behave that way.

John K Clark

Well, yes, to your last sentence, as we have found no creatures smarter.
But even the behavior of an extremely intelligent creature or AI will show
reliable patterns, and from those we will have some predictive ability.  If
random patterns, them I would argue that there is no intelligent behavior
there.  Depends on the questions we are asking, of course.

bill w