[ExI] Children's Rights

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Fri Nov 16 18:19:52 UTC 2018

Spike wrote:

> Somehow schools figured out how to get boys to stop fighting.  Had they
> even asked me before I witnessed it, I would have offered incorrect
> advice: forget it, fighting is human nature, you can?t change it, let em
> fight, sweep up the debris afterwards.  I was wrong: they changed that.
> Any speculations please?

I think it is largely due to to two fairly recent developments that are
quite different from the schools of our youth.

1. The widespread adoption of zero tolerance policies regarding school
bullying and violence. It is so strict that I have seen a brother and
sister suspended for slapping each other at school like they do on a daily
basis at home.

2. The establishment of dedicated school police who treat every assault or
violent act as criminal and who supersede the authority of school
administrators to forgive minor infractions.

So in other words, doing stuff that got us a yelled at back in our day get
the kids of today suspended. And stuff that got us suspended back then,
get today's kids a stay in juvenile detention.

Stuart LaForge

Stuart LaForge