[ExI] Perjury

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 17:37:14 UTC 2018

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 12:22 PM <spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

> My suggestion would be that if a criminal allegation is being made, it
> must be proven in a criminal court.  Otherwise it cannot be admissible even
> in a job interview.

Oh, so you'd rather not be alerted to potential problems even after the
statute of limitations has expired? In this case, Kavanaugh would have
sailed through the confirmation and we'd be stuck with him. Now there's at
least a chance he won't be confirmed.

One could argue that after the statute of limitations has expired, it's no
longer a criminal allegation. But I still think unproven allegations should
be considered. In many cases of sexual assault there's not enough evidence
to go to trial. That doesn't mean they should be ignored.

-Dave