[ExI] books

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 06:01:43 UTC 2018

Other answers consistent with the hints include:
* a thrown sword, perhaps on a tether
* the murderer was clinging to the cave's ceiling, or perhaps standing
above the entrance
* it was suicide, and the blade was hurled some distance away
* the murderer wore snowshoes so as to give very light footprints, and
what little snowfall has occurred since obliterated those but not the
victim's footprints
* there was no snow inside the cave, just solid rock that leaves no
footprints; the murderer entered and exited the cave somewhere else
* if "no footprints" only means feet, the stabbing was from sharpened
antlers or claws and the police ignored the hoofprints/pawprints