[ExI] Are we getting too blase here on the list, about scientific and technological progress?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 06:08:41 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 4:34 PM John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What advances do you think it will take, to reinvigorate this list and our sense of wonder?

As pointed out in another post, a way to turn off the political rants.

I find it difficult to motivate myself to post curiosity about the
future while dreading that any word could spur yet another wall of
text about how Trump is going to unleash nuclear war any day now, so
we won't get to enjoy any particular preferred future, so it's no use
talking about it.