[ExI] Spike, please ban John Clark IMMEDIATELY

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 03:08:03 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 4:29 PM John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I'm lying then name a president since 1993 that Extropians liked more than Donald Trump

Clinton and Obama.  Heck, even Bush Jr. ("liked more" might not be the
right term, but "hated less" at least).

> and explain why the sort of rage you're expressing right now had never occurred until 2 years ago.

Because until 2 years ago, you weren't derailing thread after thread
with hysteria about how the future is likely doomed within the next
few years because we're about to have nuclear war.

> But then I am not a delicate snowflake that needs protection from ideas that don't agree with mine.

Facts are not just an idea, and the facts do not back up the point of
view you have repeatedly presented.

Do you recognize that there is a difference between:
* people who say Trump occasionally does good, if usually by accident,
but on the balance he should be impeached, and
* rabid Trump supporters?

Or what about between:
* people who lived in a state where their 2016 presidential vote did
not matter, thought both of the major party candidates unsuited for
office, and thus voted for neither Hillary nor Donald to no
consequence upon the election, and
* rabid Trump supporters?

If so, do you realize that the former are not the latter in each case?

If you realize that the former are not the latter, do you realize that
accusing the former of being the latter is a false accusation?

If so, do you realize how insulting that false accusation is?

You have personally attacked us, the other members of this list, with
false accusations of that nature.  That was what crossed the line.