[ExI] high quality minds

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 16:48:17 UTC 2018

OK, got your attention, since all of us, (ahem), in this group have them.
My question:

Do you subscribe to the genius view of scientific progress, or the
inevitable finding view?

Was it inevitable that someone would 'discover' zero and negative numbers
if Brahmagupta hadn't done it?  (that's my answer).  Ditto evolution,
Newton's laws, relativity, etc.

Or am I just out of date (likely) and this is no longer a controversy?

As someone said (I think it was me): without geniuses, 100 years of history
has only 90 years of happenings (progress, inventions, etc).

bill w