[ExI] antiscience from both sides

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 12:43:33 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 2:48 AM Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
wrote:

> ### *I am pretty sure I am neither leftist nor rightist nor moderate,
> which on this list should be par for the course.*

Today, at least in the USA, "right" and "left" are just tribal labels that
have little to do with ideas and only one thing keeps the tribes together,
the right are in blind love with Donald Trump while the left are appalled
by his dishonesty and willful ignorance of facts. That's why Trump's
approval ratings stay put at about 40% regardless of what happens in the
world around him or what he does or doesn't do.

 > *But, I must say that leftists anger me more nowadays because they have
> all the power and they can harm me*

The right terrifies me more nowadays because an H-bomb can harm me and only
they have the keys to a nuclear submarine. And the right has the power, and
I think the will, to put tanks in the streets the day after the 2020
election if things don't turn out the way they like. I know some will say
I'm being paranoid and I really hope they turn out to have been right.

> > *while right wingers are has-beens as far as power goes,*

It is a metaphysical certitude that those who claim the acceleration of the
wealth gap between the top 0.01% and everybody else can continue forever
just as it has for the last few years and believe measures should be taken
to accelerate the acceleration (as with recent tax legislation) will loose.
It's only a matter of time.

John K Clark