[ExI] Time travel in simulations

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 02:05:06 UTC 2019

That requires that the travelling individual(s) be aware they are in a
simulation, or at least be aware of the checkpoints.

Those for whom loading the checkpoints includes erasing all knowledge and
memory gained since the checkpoint, essentially cease to have existed
between when the checkpoint is saved and when it is loaded.  For them,
there is no travel: there is the one whose experiences are erased entirely
(without themselves having gone back to the checkpoint), and the one who
continues from the checkpoint (and has no way to know there was another of
themselves).