[ExI] Time travel in simulations

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 08:14:03 UTC 2019

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 10:09 PM Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

*> That requires that the travelling individual(s) be aware they are in a
> simulation, *

 Preston Greene makes the point that if you want to test the efficiency of
a new drug it is important that the subjects not know if they are receiving
the drug or a placebo, in the same way...

*"if our universe has been created by an advanced civilization for research
purposes, then it is reasonable to assume that it is crucial to the
researchers that we don’t find out that we’re in a simulation. If we were
to prove that we live inside a simulation, this could cause our creators to
terminate the simulation — to destroy our world."*

Are We Living in a Computer Simulation? Let’s Not Find Out
<https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/opinion/sunday/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation-lets-not-find-out.html>

John K Clark