[ExI] Tim May and DNA

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 17:50:22 UTC 2019

'DNA doesn't '"want" anything' - somebody said.

All random, eh?  Well, just why doesn't DNA produce things like one ear
smaller or some other thing that will not help or hurt survival?  No, it
has a plan.  It tries to produce better parts than what it has got, and
sometimes new parts to fit older systems, like its experiment with the
appendix.

I think DNA is smart.  I would not say aware or planning - that's
teleological.  But I just can't see it doing things randomly.

bill w