[ExI] Putting a face with the name

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 22:12:42 UTC 2019

That’s a cool IBM video on that summit page.  I couldn’t get it to work in
Chrome, so had to watch in in MS’s Edge.  Just before 1:00 minute in, “Paul
Kent, ORNL Computational Materials Scientists” comes on and says: “There is
lots of memory on the node, and it is also coherently shared.”

Is “Coherently shared” just talking about some kind of traditional high
speed abstract data bus (requires additional abstracting hardware) , or is
he talking something more like the “Computational Binding” standing waves
that binds conscious knowledge represented directly on physical material
(without the additional abstracting hardware) together, and can be
calculated as adding to Phi Ф
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_information_theory> ?

You know, like how conscious knowledge is represented directly on physical
qualities, like redness and greenness, whereas abstract information
requires additional abstracting hardware to get the 1s and 0s from whatever
happens to be representing them?