[ExI] Benchmarking the Singularity

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 16:52:34 UTC 2019

Well, John, that's a lot of interesting information and no joke.

The eye - is it possible that if strong sunlight were to aim directly at
retinal cells it would be too strong?  If so, then it's not backwards.
It's a necessary filter.  (I don't mean looking directly at the sun, but
just, say, light bounced off a white building, or a strong fire.)

Your last paragraph reminds me of a metaphor I invented a while back:
there are two frogs - one can make a vertical leap of 5 inches and the
other 6 inches.  Both are presented with stairs that are 6 inches high.
One can go to the top and the other cannot go anywhere.  Perhaps a
difference this small is what separates us from the other apes.

bill w