[ExI] Superhuman Poker

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 13:05:12 UTC 2019

I think the “males are better at it” is mostly because of culture. Males
still tend — in the US — to be encouraged more in this area and females are
still discouraged.

Anyhow, you’re the psychology expert. Am I far off?

Regards,

Dan

All I can tell you is that males and females are equally exposed to
language skills and females at every age are better at it.  As for 3 D
objects:  did you ever experience anywhere in your education seeing them
from behind in your mind?  Me neither.  These are only on tests.  So males
have no more experience than females.  As for the other - we know that
foreign language is learned better while very young.  Older people can
learn but they will never have the proper accent that the young develop.  I
don't know if there are other things that young people learn better, but I
suspect we will find some - sort of a critical period, only not strict.

As for culture, it is extremely difficult to separate nature and nurture,
so I suppose we can have any bias we want as long as there is no data.

bill w