[ExI] fermi question alive and well

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 20:59:22 UTC 2019

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 1:52 PM Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Nothing left to figure out?  What about what consciousness is and how
> it fits into physics?
>

> I'll be damned if I know what that that has to do with the existence or
non-existence of ET but I'd be FAR more interested in figuring out how
intelligence works than figuring out consciousness because intelligence
theories can be tested but consciousness theories can't be,

> *> Or what the universe is, why it's expanding, or why there appears to be
> so much more matter that we can see?  Does none of that warrant an
> explanation?*

None of those mysteries have a satisfactory explanation but the lack of
evidence of ET activity does and the explanation has the virtue of being
simple and short, ET doesn't exist. Under some circumstances the absence of
evidence is evidence of absence, for example there is no evidence a china
teapot is in orbit around Uranus and that is good reason to think such
a utensil does not exist.

John K Clark