[ExI] Just some thoughts, nothing new really

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 17:07:33 UTC 2019

We have all the automation necessary to automate most harvesting now,
including that which is currently done by hand picking.  One must wonder
what happens when it becomes economically viable to get harvest bots.

spike

I don't know who or what is harvesting my California strawberries, but they
are doing a poor job.  The ones I get at the store, Walmart, are about half
white on the bottom - picked too soon.  Oddly, the organic ones are picked
much later and are red all the way down and far sweeter.  And so there is
almost no waste and thus they are much cheaper than the cheap ones.

bill w