[ExI] are we publishing?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri May 24 23:38:29 UTC 2019

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 4:10 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] are we publishing?

So now for the notion of freedom of the press to apply, apparently it requires a printing press, which Assange never used.  Only the internet.    spike

Has that been adjudicated?  Or do you think that case will decide that?  After all, if burning a flag can be looked upon as free speech, surely internet stuff is the press.  We need to re-write our Constitution, esp. about privacy.  bill w

It hasn’t been adjudicated, but it surprises me they would even bring the charge.  I see little difference between Assange publishing the Manning documents and the New York Times and Washington Post publishing the Pentagon Papers in 1971.

Oh wait, the Washington Post had an actual literal “press” where they printed on paper.  That’s different.  Ja?