[ExI] Vint Cerf on AI, at ORNL

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 14:01:45 UTC 2019

Well, John, knowing the rules is not exactly the case when a situation is
novel.  Here's what I think should happen:

The AI plays a program that is highly successful at chess.  The AI is told
every time it moves in a way that is illegal and of course it notices the
moves of the other player.  It is told when failure occurs: piece lost,
checkmate.

Now that might be really simple for a good AI.  I wouldn't know.  It might
figure out the rules and scoring in a short period of time and then proceed
as usual.  But that way at least it is novel.

bill w

On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 6:30 AM John Clark via extropy-chat <