[ExI] vaccine was: RE: damn doctors!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Dec 16 23:44:30 UTC 2020

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] vaccine was: RE: damn doctors!

>…  I didn't, but to tell the truth, if I knew for sure that I had a short time to live, I think I would start back…   bill w

Billw I have pondered this and wondered, if one is old and in pain, is there a good reason to not take up the feels-good chemicals?

I can’t think of one.  My grandfather smoked from age about 15 to 48.  After his high school 30th reunion in 1956, he could easily see that if one divided the class into those who did and those who didn’t, the non-smokers were clearly healthier.

He didn’t smoke until he was about 70, at which time he developed Alzheimers: he forgot that he quit.  He quit again a coupla years later.  He forgot he ever started.

So… at some point, I don’t see why not use them.  I will wait until about 85, or a little longer if my health is good then.