[ExI] I caught the covid

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 05:26:09 UTC 2020

My younger brother (in his early forties) got Covid, and was sick as a dog
for a week, but is much better now. His young sons never got it. But he
complains of occasional brain fog, which is scary and will hopefully fade
soon. A good friend of mine has an aunt (late sixties) who is in the
hospital with it, and struggling. At the state owned retirement home where
my mother lives in Alaska, the facility is in a very smart lockdown. They
are not taking chances with the lives of the seniors who live there. Food
is dropped off at the doors of the residents. There will be no Christmas
party, but frequent visitors speak through the doors to bring holiday
cheer. My Filipina significant other and her employer take the pandemic
seriously, and she looks ready for surgery when she goes out the door. She
is afraid of getting me infected, since I am about a decade older than her.
But when we went shopping the other day, I noticed about twenty percent of
the people when outside, using their face mask as a chin diaper.

John

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 12:52 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <