[ExI] Political Relativism (was very informative)

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 16:37:26 UTC 2020

As for military service, I have always liked Heinlein's idea:  after high
school a two year commitment to service.  It could be military, or Peace
Corps (does that still exist?  Haven't heard of it for a long time), or
some other payback, as he says, to the country that provided a free
education.

I think kids would come back from that more mature, more eager to enter
college or go into a trade.  The older students I had, particularly those
who left the military service, were always better students - not
necessarily smarter, but more mature, better studiers, more into what they
were going to do with their lives.

I can't think of the name of it, but some students are taking a .......
year off from school now.  Good idea.

bill w