[ExI] Well-roundedness and character

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jun 7 23:55:41 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat

>…judging who's Black depends both on overall social rules and how people present themselves…Dan

Hi Dan, since we have DNA tests now, why not just have a number?  Numbers are such marvelous things.

We can find a SubSaharan African group where we can be confident there is little outside genetic material, get some DNA tests, get some from here, from there, then when one does the test, we just see how much DNA they share with an identifiable group.

This would be completely objective and independent on how one presents herself.  This latest part is particularly of interest, because of the recent comment and apology by a politician (whose name I cannot recall) who suggested one’s political choices determines one’s race.  Dan, regarding the comment “…depends…how people present themselves…” I ask: does that determine in any way one’s race?

These DNA tests are really only reliable back about 6 generations or so, but my own African ancestor is only 5 generations back.  The 60 dollar DNA tests picked it up in all of us who are on that branch of the family tree.  So I have an actual number (verified by multiple DNA tests (two different services for several relatives (rather than a breezy claim (or a dark complexion (which can be faked.)))))

Numbers are my friends.