[ExI] diamonds falling

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 18:24:53 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 8, 2020 at 12:27 PM John Clark via extropy-chat <

> > *Yesterday we saw an antifa guy threatening to torch the diamond
>> district in New York.*
>

> It's possable but I doubt it, most looters or rioters or peaceful
> protestors or human beings in general have never even heard of "antifa" and
> couldn't spell it much less be a member of it; presumably it's an acronym
> but I have no idea what it stands for, but I'll bet a Qanon member would
> know.

 John, not sure if you truly have no idea who they are since they were all
over even the mainstream news when they were destroying things and hurting
people in Portland, Berkeley, and other areas, but if so, you can ask the
Attorney General of Minnesota for more info.  He's a big fan of theirs from
way back:
https://www.chicagotribune.com/nation-world/ct-keith-ellison-antifa-handbook-tweet-20180104-story.html

You can also read the handbook he's holding in the picture related to the
above story for more information like this snippet:

In truth, violence represents a small though vital sliver of
anti-fascist activity.
There are three main arguments that anti-fascists use to
justify their occasional violence. First, as explained in Chapter
4, anti-fascists make a historical argument based on the accurate
observation that “rational debate” and the institutions of
government have failed to consistently halt the rise of fascism.

Given that fact, they argue that the only hope to prevent a sequel is to
physically prevent any potential fascist advance. Second, they point to the
many successful examples of militant
anti-fascism shutting down or severely hampering far-right organizing since
the end of World War II. Third, fascist violence
often necessitates self-defense—although anti-fascists challenge
conventional interpretations of self-defense grounded in
individualistic personal ethics by legitimating offensive tactics
in order to forestall the potential need for literal self-defense
down the line.

In other words, anti-fascists don’t wait for a fascist threat
to become violent before acting to shut it down, physically if
necessary.

As Murray from Baltimore ARA explained it,
You fight them by writing letters and making phone
calls so you don’t have to fight them with fists. You fight
them with fists so you don’t have to fight them with
knives. You fight them with knives so you don’t have to
fight them with guns. You fight them with guns so you
don’t have to fight them with tanks.398