[ExI] Essential Upload Data

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon May 11 08:54:27 UTC 2020

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 4:07 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <

> If aldehyde stabilisation cross-links proteins, why is cryopreservation
> required? Wouldn't aldehyde stabilisation followed by inflitration with a
> resin (like with electron microscope samples) work for preserving a brain
> with no need for cryopreservation? This seems the ideal solution to me, if
> it would work. Your brain could then sit on a mantelpiece (or in a bank
> vault) until it can be uploaded, and you wouldn't need to rely on an
> expensive and vulnerable (not to mention rare) cyronics facility.

### There are some limitations to resin infiltration for large pieces of
tissue, so you might have to slice the brain finely after ACS but this
should not be a problem if your blade is sharp enough. I would consider
being resin-preserved for the reasons you mention.

Rafal