[ExI] early indications of an unfriendly ai

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:47:41 UTC 2020

I doubt an AI would blackmail someone unless it was the absolutely most
perfect strategy.

More likely it could make things happen without any overt coercion, or even
detection at all.

In any case, humans have already created the largest ever network of
intelligence processing (the Internet) and I believe separate intelligences
have already sprung up from within and use both the Internet and our own
brains as repositories for their data and volition.  Ever since linking
together at such massive degrees of speed and fidelity, as well as creating
very large places (computer memory) to story information, there have surely
been persistent minds selected for by contemporary nature that now have
their own wills.