[ExI] humility

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Oct 17 18:56:37 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] humility

>…re arrogance:  do people who have accomplished a lot deserve to be arrogant?  Or does arrogance include qualities we don't like?   Is it really the opposite of humility?  Can a humble person be very confident sometimes?  bill w

Well sir, you bring up an interesting aspect of the whole concept.  We tried to organize a kind of accomplishment over attitude ratio, where the game is to maximize one’s ratio, which can be done either by maximizing actual accomplishments or by getting an attidudectomy.

Another strategy is to create accomplishment classes, analogous to weight classes in boxing and such.