[ExI] Is the ExI email list slowly dying out? And if so, what can be done to reverse such an outcome?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 11:20:57 UTC 2020

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 2:27 AM John Grigg via extropy-chat <

*> I love the ExI email list, having read it on and off for over two
> decades, *

Me too! And for that reason I hate to see the changes in the Exi List in
the last five or six years, it's gone from virtually 100% libertarian (back
when the word actually meant something) and 100% Pro-scientific to at best
40% libertarian and 60% Pro-scientific. For most of the quarter century
I've been on the list I always felt free to write whatever I wanted and I
did so, but now whenever I write a post I feel like I'm walking on eggs; I
tread as carefully as I can but I imagine it's only a matter of time before
I make a mistake, somebody is offended by something I say, and I'm kicked
off the list.

*> Is the ExI email list slowly dying out?*

Yes, the Extropian List is being slowly and painfully strangled to death by
moderators who seem to feel that the ultimate horror is that somebody
should write something that somebody else Is offended by, especially if
that somebody else is a right wing flag waving ultra-nationalist. The fact
that Mr.Mystery Man Moderator refuses to reveal his or her identity or even
say if he or she had EVER written a post to the list about ANYTHING, other
than the ones as moderator issuing orders, does not add to the charm of the
situation. I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong but under the current
regime I don't think the Extropian List is long for this world.

 John K Clark