[ExI] tv ads

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 18:20:56 UTC 2020

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:28 PM William Flynn Wallace via
extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> Someone mentioned earlier about the increased use of 'people of color'
> on TV.  I have seen many of them.  Many feature a pretty white woman
> and a 'man of color'.  I suppose they think that they are obligated in
> some way to do that, but I will guarantee them two things:
>
> 1 - those ads will cost them customers.
> 2 - not one single person will change his mind - in fact it may work the
> opposite way - you just can't change minds by cramming things down
> people's throats.  Disgust doesn't sell anything.
>
> Football is huge down here, but my barber told me that many had quit
> the NFL entirely because of the kneeling during the National Anthem.

Regarding football (American, of course): if only that hadn't
politicized the games in the first place... I mean by having the
national anthem and military stuff in them. That's obvious
politicization, but few people seem to mind that. They only mind
kneeling. (Which is strange to me because kneeling, in itself, is
usually a form of obeisance.)

> Kind of throwing the baby out with the bath water.  It didn't help that
> the guy who popularized it was Black or some mixture.

He was canceled by the Right. Yes, the Right cancels people too. In
fact, one might argue they started it. Think of the blacklists. And I
can back way way way further, if anyone wants to play that game. :)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst