[ExI] tv ads

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Thu Oct 22 00:12:05 UTC 2020

On 2020-10-21 15:26, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat wrote:
 > Football is huge down here, but my barber told me that many had quit
 > the NFL entirely because of the kneeling during the National Anthem.
 > Kind of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

At least they didn't quit it for a silly reason,
like the League's non-response to brain damage.

The kneeling thing would be only a passing curiosity if Certain People
hadn't flipped their lid going "DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE WHOLE
POINT OF A FOOTBALL GAME IS TO HONOR THE IMPERIAL WAR MACHINE??!"  That
might put me off flags, if I hadn't been anarchist since ~1983 anyway.

 > It didn't help that the
 > guy who popularized it was Black or some mixture.

He should know his place, eh?

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org