[ExI] tv ads

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 19:10:19 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 12:55 AM William Flynn Wallace via
extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> This should cover several comments:  you have to understand that the
> Deep South is very much an honor society, not all that different from
> the near-Asians who kill a girl who commits fornication.  Kneeling or
> doing anything out of the ordinary (remember two black guys shoving
> fists in the air at an Olympics?) is not honorable.  Yes, it's a military
> thing.  (But don't get me started on singing the Anthem - abominable
> singing going way back to when Robert Merrill did it right in the World
> Series - anyone remember that and him?).

I agree that that's the nature of the culture there. But I also saw a
similar reaction to Colin Kaepernick kneeling outside the South...
places like California. I know RWers all over the US who get upset by
him kneeling. So, yes, it's probably more likely in the South,
especially in Mississippi, but it's not limited to there or limited to
Southerners.

> Driving while black - dwb - yes, down here the blacks have two strikes against them to start with, and black and female is the double whammy.

Though remember that many of the BLM protests are over unarmed Blacks
shot in places like the Midwest. So, again, not strictly a Southern
phenomenon. Bigotry isn't monopolized by any region. I'm in Washington
state, and there are definitely bigots here. (They tend to be more
noticeable, of course, once you get outside of the Seattle area.)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst