[ExI] nursing homes again

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Oct 31 22:47:45 UTC 2020

...> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] nursing homes again

On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 at 22:11, spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

>>... Our county offers covid fatality data broken down by those who live(d)
> in nursing homes and those who did not.
>
>>... I don’t know of other counties reporting this way, but if it works
> this way in Santa Clara I don’t see why it would be different elsewhere.
>
> spike

>...It may be too simple, but the nursing home population is old, probably already sick, with a weakened immune system and living indoors, close to other people where transmission is likely.
So if they get infected, they can't fight it off and die a bit earlier than expected.
I don't think you need to look for any more complicated explanations?

BillK

Hi BillK, ja, that part I get, but I was perhaps reaching a bit too far hoping we were approaching herd immunity in the nursing homes.  I see no indication of it, not a trace.  Sigh.

I am also looking for any kind of indication of benefit from being outside.  It isn't clear from this data.  Perhaps I am trying too hard to read that in there, because we can all go outside.

BillK, are the Brits seeing similar numbers to this with regard to nursing homes?  Are they reporting it by that status?