[ExI] nursing homes again

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 23:15:12 UTC 2020

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 11:05 PM BillK via extropy-chat
> On Sat, 31 Oct 2020 at 22:50, spike jones via extropy-chat
> <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:> > Hi BillK, ja, that part I get, but I was perhaps reaching a bit too far hoping we were approaching herd immunity in the nursing homes.  I see no indication of it, not a trace.  Sigh.
> >
> > I am also looking for any kind of indication of benefit from being outside.  It isn't clear from this data.  Perhaps I am trying too hard to read that in there, because we can all go outside.
> >
> > BillK, are the Brits seeing similar numbers to this with regard to nursing homes?  Are they reporting it by that status?
> >
> > spike
>

> I don't think you'll get much herd immunity in nursing homes.
> Herd immunity means people get infected and survive, in effect get vaccinated.
> In nursing homes, the survivors avoid getting infected in the first place.

Was thinking that too. Are there any reliable numbers of nursing home
residents surviving COVID-19? I mean residents who've actually gotten
it and survived? I didn't find that number quickly....

One can run into outlier problems too with such small groups, no?

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst