[ExI] cumulative cost of shutdown

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 19:57:17 UTC 2021

 At some point, the cost exceeds the value.  We are way past the breakeven
point and are deep into net loss.

spike

 And how many lives have been saved?  No one is shutting down things to
ruin the economy.  Impossible to measure, I'll grant you that.  But that
has to be the other side of the equation.  People are still catching it and
some are dying.  Keep that in mind.  How much damage to the economy is
worth it to save a life?  Theoretically.  Does anyone know what variables
are being used to make these mask and shutdown decisions?  Who is measuring
the effects?  Are they making decisions based on data? What data?  Does
shutting down even work?   Somebody has to know these things so they can
make recommendations.  I see none of the above in the news - just the
actions to open up or close down.  bill w

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 2:35 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <