[ExI] DAOs, Futarchy, and the future of Extropianism

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 20:59:14 UTC 2021

This proposal is utter bullshit and fails reality check out of the gate, in
the same sense as a proposal that "merely wishing for anti-gravity will
bring about negation of gravity".

A country only meaningfully exists if other, previously existing countries
recognize it.

The attempts to create micronations and microstates have proven, beyond any
reasonable doubt, that land is a fundamental starting requirement to gain
said recognition.

Therefore, any approach that defers obtaining physical territory until well
after establishment as a country will fail.

This is known to such a high degree, that even writing the length of text
of that article is in excess of a worthwhile investigation.

If you want to start a country, get some land (this can be constructed,
such as far out at sea or in space, so long as it's not in territory that
some other major nation claims) and a large number of people (the exact
minimum is debatable, anywhere from 10,000 at the extreme minimum to a more
likely minimum of 1,000,000) willing to physically inhabit that land as
their primary residence.  Any attempt to skimp either of these - say, by
only having 10 or 100 people when the effort tries to get recognition -
will fail.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 1:14 PM JF via extropy-chat <