[ExI] the reincarnation menu

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Fri Jan 1 02:39:00 UTC 2021

For people in cryosuspension, I imagine several modes of revival:

	• repair of the original brain;
	• destructive scan of the original brain, with copy to
		• a cloned brain;
		• a synthetic brain;

housed in
	• the original body, repaired;
	• a clone-grown body;
	• a synthetic body;
	• a virtual environment.

So, at least a dozen possibilities, with some hybrids between them.
They won't all become available at the same time, so I'm wondering about
policy.

Do any of the cryo operators invite members to say, for example, "Don't
revive me until you can do it in my original flesh (because anything
else is creepy)" versus "Revive me by whichever method becomes available
first with a reasonable quality of life"?  What other checkboxes would
you want to see?

Heh, if you're revived in what seems like your original body, how will
you know it's not a simulation?

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org