[ExI] Paranormal activity?

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 23:24:49 UTC 2021

A friend of mine died not long ago and I talked with his brother.  He was
extremely upset because his brother chose cremation.  He belonged to a
church that believed that your Earthly body was resurrected, and his
brother no longer had an Earthly body.

I don't know where the idea of 'soul' originated (should look that up), but
it is supposedly a metaphysical 'thing' - in the body but not of it.  A
spirit.  That is what survives you, they say.  There are even pictures of
people taken at the moment of death that believers say shows a ghostlike
thing leaving the body.  KIrlian photography or something like that.

Being a materialist, I look upon these things with some alarm and some
amusement.  These people can be very dangerous, as can extremists of any
kind.   bill w

On Fri, Jan 1, 2021 at 4:58 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <