[ExI] geezer guard

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jan 3 03:25:56 UTC 2021

I have friends who celebrated their 72nd anniversary.  2020 was a bad year for him, not because of covid but because he took a fall, broke a piece off his pelvis.  They doped him up to manage the pain and that healed but he took another fall, splatted face first, broke his sternum and two ribs (oooowwww damn.)  That healed OK but he took a third fall.  This time he didn’t break anything: he landed in the shrubbery.

Hmmmm, OK, when you really just hafta fall, arrange to fall into the bushes.

Then it occurred to me: we have airbags in our Detroits, and the package isn’t that big or heavy.  Perhaps we could rig up a special coat and trousers with airbags in there: a prole starts to take a dive, sensors such as angular accelerometers recognize something is up and on the way down, whooomp he makes a soft (even if undignified) landing.  I would really like to see this couple make it to their 75th.