[ExI] geezer guard

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 07:29:56 UTC 2021

On Sun, Jan 3, 2021 at 4:41 AM spike jones via extropy-chat
> …> On Behalf Of Will Steinberg via extropy-chat
> Subject: Re: [ExI] geezer guard
>
> >…When you say 'prole', would you not like the same protections to apply to you as well?  Might you not fall soon too?
>
> Of course.
>
> >…I get the prole term for the general proletariat but I don't get it in this situation.  Couldn't that happen to anyone?  And you as well?
>
> Will I am a prole.  A prole is anyone not currently employed by the government.

As commonly used 'prole' is often used in a derogatory fashion. And it
is not commonly used to mean 'anyone not currently employed by the
government.' It's commonly used to mean a worker -- whomever said
worker is employed by.

> This is the Orwellian term, not dismissive or pejorative in any way unless used
> by non-proles.  I don’t think we have any non-proles on ExI as far as I know.

If some here would Inner Party -- to continue with the analogy -- they
might not let on, no?

> I am a geezer too.  So far it is a mild case fortunately.

Well, no one's getting any younger... yet!

> Regarding the airbag coat, I have nothing against elderly non-proles.  We have a
> geezerly non-prole currently serving as POTUS and a still more geezerly one to
> be sworn in soon.  I would favor protecting them as well.

I think the deciding factor would be who needs it -- not class.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst