[ExI] geezer guard

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jan 3 04:40:15 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Will Steinberg via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] geezer guard

>…When you say 'prole', would you not like the same protections to apply to you as well?  Might you not fall soon too?

Of course.

>…I get the prole term for the general proletariat but I don't get it in this situation.  Couldn't that happen to anyone?  And you as well?

Will I am a prole.  A prole is anyone not currently employed by the government.  This is the Orwellian term, not dismissive or pejorative in any way unless used by non-proles.  I don’t think we have any non-proles on ExI as far as I know.

I am a geezer too.  So far it is a mild case fortunately.

Regarding the airbag coat, I have nothing against elderly non-proles.  We have a geezerly non-prole currently serving as POTUS and a still more geezerly one to be sworn in soon.  I would favor protecting them as well.