[ExI] Microsoft wants to reincarnate people as chatbots

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 00:48:23 UTC 2021

It’s only a matter of time before every piece of external behavior can be
perfectly duplicated by abstract systems.  But there will always be a
difference between the abstract (a word like “red’ which requires a
dictionary to know what it means) and a physical redness quality (does not
require a dictionary), like we use to represent knowledge of red things
with.  And of course, if you only have 10% of a person, it still isn’t
really, 100% of that person, phenomenal or not, and should not be treated
as such.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 5:02 PM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <