[ExI] free speech

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 03:03:16 UTC 2021

There's no one more in favor of free speech than liberals.  In fact, I
would say that historically, free speech dominated liberal thinking.  The
word does mean 'free' after all.  Liberate speech.  Thomas Paine.

So on the face of it, liberals rule as the Dems control all.  We who are
liberal on social issues can be conservative on economic issues (Spike big
on this one).  That's what keeps this liberal from being more liberal (on
the tests, anyhow).

Are they going to try to get away with massive giveaways, increasing all
social programs?  Maybe not massive, but substantial.  Payback for who
elected them.  A good bet.  Tighten IRS and FDA and EPA?  Put some rules
back on the books.  Sure.  I can't see the Dems as trying to force any
social changes except discrimination.  They certainly aren't going to try
to interfere with our sexual lives.  They will be pretty liberal on that
one: live and let live.  Government is not about dictating morals.  That's
a Repub thing.  Undo bad changes and leave well enough alone.  Maybe have
big committees about election issues.

For all that Trump did, we escaped a lot that could have been worse - a lot
worse.  The very worst of John's nightmares did not come true.  Not really
close.  A lot of people to thank for that.  Unless he has something more up
his sleeve, he's done.  I hope they impeach him and get rid of him
permanently and not rely on voters.  Voters are fickle.

bill w

On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 4:19 PM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <