[ExI] free speech

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Jan 10 17:10:54 UTC 2021

Subject: Re: [ExI] free speech

>…Twitter, Facebook, ….  If enough are disgusted they will ask Congress to do something to regulate that business and likely they will.  …  We do have laws about monopolies…  bill w

On the contrary, congress will not and cannot.  Twitter and Face Book have big followings, but neither are monopolies: both have competitors.

Note that if one of the messaging systems filters anything, then it endorses everything it doesn’t filter.  If it filters nothing, then it endorses nothing.  Every deplorable, despicable, unethical comment, anything on Face Book or Twitter is now endorsed by those companies.