[ExI] i have learned so little

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Jan 12 05:40:16 UTC 2021

It is tragic really: I have learned so little about virus transmission over
the past 10 months, it is nearly indistinguishable from zero.

Right when covid really got going, I felt it was a bad idea to enforce
lockdowns, for several reasons: it causes other problems, big ones,
financial, mental health, physical health and so on, but not only that.  It
appears to me, and did last February, that indoor transmission was waaaay
the hell more likely than outdoor, because exhaled droplets hang in the
indoor air, whereas outdoors they blow on away for the most part.  So in
some ways, being trapped indoors is riskier than going about one's business,
particularly if that business is largely outdoors.

Now the governor of New York is saying stuff that sounds a lot like this:
businesses hafta do business.

Owww, damn, I learned nothing.  My own biases have been confirmed, even
though I struggled to overpower my own confirmation bias.