[ExI] Immaculate Election

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 19:23:11 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 12:49 AM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <

> I think a class-action lawsuit against Diebold et al on behalf of the
> American people would do wonders to bring this issue to the attention
> of the American public even if it gets thrown out of court. It would
> at least distract people from the strange message that the competing
> narratives have in common, and that is that conservatives and liberals
> are supposed to hate one another so much as to cause all political
> discourse devolve to shouting and name calling. Followed soon after
> with a closure of communication channels. The political parties are
> blaming one another for fraud due to mistrust caused by the voting
> machines even in the absence of any evidence of fraud. That is a
> design flaw inherent in the machines and shows negligence on the part
> of the developers.

The voting machines aren't the problem. The current rage-addicted divisive
political environment is the problem.

Whereas any actual fraud would be apt to use backdoors or zero day
> exploits that would most likely be known to the developers and
> vendors, again making them liable.

Vendors don't know about zero-day vulnerabilities or they'd fix them. They
may know about back doors.

> Plus suing the developers and
> vendors of the machines themselves might flush out any other culprits
> based on who moves to block.

Suing them for what, exactly? Having bugs isn't illegal. Not fixing bugs
that they've been made aware of isn't illegal. Maybe it should be, but it's
not.

Maybe the blame should be on the government officials who buy voting
machines from vendors who aren't committed to transparency and security.

-Dave