[ExI] very informative

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 08:56:14 UTC 2021

On Jan 19, 2021, at 9:56 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 9:56 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>>
>> To wit, crossing a national border per se doesn’t generate any rights issues for anyone.
>
> ### Nobody cares about national borders per se, we only care when their crossing creates issues.
>
> We don't mind if a sparrow flies over the border, we mind if the Hun invades.

I thought it painfully obvious that by ‘crossing a national border per se’ was meant humans crossing said border.

Also, I thought it painfully obvious that ‘crossing a national border per se’ only means the act of crossing. Just like it should be painfully obvious that walking per se doesn’t violate anyone’s right, but trampling someone does — even though trampling is a form of walking, no?

Let me try to be even more painfully clear here. The problem with the Huns invading is not that they’re crossing a border but that they’re attacking people and breaking stuff. (Anyone who believes almost all folks crossing national borders, illegally or not, now is the moral equivalent of an invading Hun is a fool.)

Regards,

Dan