[ExI] very informative

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 10:21:12 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 3:57 AM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <

> I thought it painfully obvious that by ‘crossing a national border per se’
> was meant humans crossing said border.
>
> Also, I thought it painfully obvious that ‘crossing a national border per
> se’ only means the act of crossing. Just like it should be painfully
> obvious that walking per se doesn’t violate anyone’s right, but trampling
> someone does — even though trampling is a form of walking, no?
>
> Let me try to be even more painfully clear here. The problem with the Huns
> invading is not that they’re crossing a border but that they’re attacking
> people and breaking stuff. (Anyone who believes almost all folks crossing
> national borders, illegally or not, now is the moral equivalent of an
> invading Hun is a fool.)

### Well, national borders, appropriately defended, help alleviate the Hun
problem. Since maintaining a selective Hun-only border, freely permeable to
all non-Huns, is technically challenging, the specific implementation is
non-permeable to all, with special areas, called border-crossings, where
Huns are separated from non-Huns. Now, if some non-Huns insist on crossing
the border outside of the designated border-crossing, they impair our
ability to keep non-Huns out and thus, by the act of crossing the border,
infringe on our right of defense against the Huns.

Isn't this obvious?

Rafal