[ExI] Section 230 and Antitrust

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 02:23:30 UTC 2021

Regardless of our genes, we have freedom of culture.  I have a hard time
imagining anyone would argue with that notion.Are there any limits to that
notion?  Spike
Well, ramp up your imagination:  If a family, or group of families, has a
culture different from the dominant one where they live, they very likely
will get strong pressure to adopt that culture themselves.  They are urged
to continue to cook that food, go to those churches/synagogues etc., wear
those clothes and so on.  Many groups in this country do that.  Imagine
being raised in a Orthodox Jewish family.  Sure you have a choice when you
grow up (but mostly not until then) but you will cause a storm of criticism
if you deviate from that religion and way of practicing it.  You could make
a similar case for the Chinese, Italians, and many more.  Peer pressure,
family pressure is strong and the results from your deviations could cause
a form of excommunication from that community.  Free choices?  Nothing like
free.   bill w

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 6:55 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <