[ExI] Then they came for the libertarians and I said nothing...

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Jan 21 14:21:50 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] Then they came for the libertarians and I said nothing...

. <https://twitter.com/JohnBrennan?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw> @JohnBrennan: Biden intel community “are moving in laser-like fashion to try to uncover as much as they can about” the pro-Trump “insurgency” that harbors “religious extremists, authoritarians, fascists, bigots, racists, nativists, even libertarians”  <https://t.co/SjVXWhPhR8> pic.twitter.com/SjVXWhPhR8

John Brennan, former head of CIA

Hi Dylan,

The guy you quoted was once trusted with leading the CIA.  We just had the former head of the CIA call out and vilify an opposing political party.  The CIA hasn’t been blatantly politicized in the past: if they were they didn’t really come out and admit it.

The opposite of a libertarian is a totalitarian.  Other examples of totalitarianism are Nazis, Fascists, Communists.  We had a CIA director who just aligned himself with those outfits.

Let’s see if he tries to walk it back or clarify.