[ExI] the science might be wrong

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 18:58:38 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 1:50 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

>   When outdoors, my logic tells me my risk drops by the square of the
> distance.

Luckily, my state doesn't mandate them for outdoors.  I've never been
arrested in my life, but I draw the line at entertaining this nonsense
outdoors.  You won't ever see me maintaining the facade outside.   It's a
bridge too far.

The only reasons I wear one into stores is to honor the wishes of the
proprietor and avoid verbal/physical confrontations.

I guess I'm lucky that I no longer commute to NYC as apparently their
entire population in Manhattan has quickly rolled over, and there are near
100% mask rates on the streets (anecdotal reports from friends) at this
point.   If I had to go back, I would stick to my guns and not wear one
outside there either, but I also expect I would be physically attacked in
short order with the state of lawlessness overtaking the once great Gotham.